DID YOU KNOW THAT …
- 30% of college students drop out by their third year of college?
- Many youth finish college with a debt of more than $100K in student loans impacting their ability to work and start a career?
- Data published by the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics shows that only 36.4 percent of students who started college in 2002 graduated by 2006 compared with 33.7 percent who started in 1996 and got a diploma by 2000.
- The “Pathways to Prosperity” study by the Harvard Graduate School of Education in 2011 shows that just 56 percent of college students complete four-year degrees within six years. Only 29 percent of those who start two-year degrees finish them within three years.
- A Pew Research Center survey that found two-thirds of young Americans said they stopped their education in order to support a family, while 48 percent said they could not afford the expense
- College graduation rates range from 20% in Alaska to less than 70% in Massachusetts.
- Minority groups are usually the ones that suffer the most from limited college funding, and most students who drop out of college are unable to pay for tuition in their third and final years.
- Your ticket could be a reason to keep a college able to finish an undergraduate degree and start a successful career
- Your $45 ticket is invested more than just $45 towards someone college tuition, but also will bring an investment through employment, economic development, lower taxes, stronger community and improved social life.
- Today’s busy lifestyle has impacted family connections. An opportunity for family bonding, run with your teen, laugh together, compete together and grow together.