Your Participation might encourage you to start running regularly. Benefits?
- Not only will you be running to help college students get their degree, but you will also be getting healthy at the same time!
- Build strong bones as it is a weight-bearing excercise.
- Lose fat and maintain a healthy weight.
- Improve the health of your heart and reduce the risks of heart attack or high blood pressure.
- Boost your mental health.
- Release endorphines in your brain, which are chemicals that enhance mood and help relieve stress
- Better sleep
- Raise your self-esteem
- Good mood.
More information on the benefits of running can be found here
Tips for a good run – http://completerunning.com/archives/2006/09/12/100-beginner-running-tips/
Advice from the health care field – http://www.mayoclinic.org/news2009-mchi/5168.html
Advice from the sports field – http://www.livestrong.com/article/500212-why-is-running-important/